🎵 Because I’m Happy! 🎵 Everyone has those days when the “Repeat” mode button of your mind plays the same song all day long. That’s when it helps to visit my good friend, Waffles, who always has a different tune to fit your mood. And then some. Thanks very much for nominating me, by the way. (If I could, I’d mail you a Dutch Apple Pie!). Check out this musical blog and see for yourself http://wafflemethis.wordpress.com
Here are the Rules:
* Nominate a few bloggers and contact them with the amazing news.
* Link back to the person who nominated you.
* Post five (5) facts about yourself.
Here is a little information about me:
(1) I love wearing bracelets. Right now I’m favoring Pandora, but I also expanded to Alex & Ani. Both reflect my personal style and have become signature pieces.
(2) I collect antique French dishes and actually use them!
(3) I could be addicted to crushed red pepper flakes. I add them to a lot of recipes.
(4) I appreciate music, but cannot carry a tune to save my life.
(5) I like to iron dish towels using a French lavender spray.
Now…..the Chosen Few:
“Because I’m Happy!”
What’s Cooking in Gail’s Kitchen? The Daily Special: Hot Dog Coney Island Sauce! Sometimes it’s a treat to dress up an ordinary grilled hot dog with a thick tangy coney sauce bursting with flavor. Now you can make your own secret sauce to keep on hand for that weekend picnic…or any time.
HOT DOG CONEY ISLAND SAUCE
1 small onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons butter
2 pounds ground beef
2 cups water
1 1/2 cups catsup
1 teaspoon cloves
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon chili powder
2 teaspoons sea salt
1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
1 teaspoon basil, crushed
In a large sauce pan, lightly brown the onion and garlic in butter. Remove from heat. Add all remaining ingredients and mix well. Return to heat and cook on medium until the beef is crumbled and cooked. Cover and simmer on low setting for one hour, stirring occasionally. Serve with grated cheese, green onion snips, and mustard.